Sunday 16 September 2012

Curator of Lovely Things: Pastels



I haven't done a 'Curator of Lovely Things' since the 'Far Away' post back in June and thought it was time to do another! I'm loving pastel shades and want to colour-in my wardrobe and home with lemon, peach, rose, turquoise and mint. The colours are so lovely I can almost taste them. Reminds me of sorbet and sherbert! 

While it's still a little breezy in Melbourne at the moment, these colours have me dreaming of warm afternoons. Hope you enjoy this post as much as I have enjoyed finding all these lovely things. Read on to hear about my artwork print (No5!) and a couple of cute DIY ideas.

Kimmy


1. I'm loving 'boyshirts' at the moment, and this one made of a peach-coloured silk makes it so girly and soft. From my favourite shop in New York - Madewell

2. Pastel Geometric Triangle Cushion Cover in Organic Cotton by Neon Vintage Design via Etsy

3. Wayfarer Sunglasses with bamboo frame "Waiting for the Sun" by Miami via The Iconic

4. These heels come in pink and green - I want them both! Scout Heels by ASOS Salon

5. This is a little sneak peak of one of my artwork prints! The artwork I'll be selling is printed on a beautiful 308gsm 100% cotton rag paper with archival inks. The print shown above is A4 in size. I'm very close to having my online store on Etsy soon!

6. I thought this 'upcycled' pastel green owl was a really cute idea! You could virtually find any old figurine from an opshop (or maybe your old toybox?) and give it a coat of glossy paint in your favourite colour. So nice for your nursery (or a different baby gift for someone?) Or if you can't be bothered getting paint on your clothes you can buy this figurine from Blue Butterfly Vintage via Etsy

7. Ceramic 'Melon' knobs in Aqua by Anthropologie

8. Handmade aqua porcelain bowls by Suite One Studio via Etsy

9. Capricorn Printed Dress in a rose braiser on the lovely Madewell

10. This is another cute DIY idea - you could give some old doilys a lift by dying them! You can get fabric dye just from the grocery store or Spotlight. Or you can buy this lovely lilac doily from FaustaPink900 via Etsy

11. OPI Nail polish from the New York City Ballet collection

12. Mint geometric earrings by A Merry Mishap via Etsy

13. I discovered this lovely shop on Etsy recently that have whimsical vintage-style photographs. This tree print is titled 'That was just a Dream' available from Myan Soffia via Etsy

14. Ok so this is for the brave... and those with a claw-foot bath... The Flamenco Shower Curtain with fluffy ombre ruffles would be so inviting in the morning. I adore it. Available from Anthropologie

No comments:

Post a Comment